Sunday, September 14, 2008

An Apple a Day...


I absolutely love fall when the weather turns crisp and you spend more time outdoors. We went apple picking this weekend.

Kyla loved the red delicious apples.


My Casey.... may he always be mommy's little boy!

The kids stopped for a picture after picking some golden delicious apples....they were our favorites!

It was a long haul down the road, and my little gentleman carried the bucket for his momma.

After picking apples, we went back to the barn and ordered some hot apple pie, a la mode. The kids played on the hay after enjoying some pie.

I made her pose.....she hates posing. What a good sport, and even a smile to boot!

The kids tried to figure out how to crank up some old farm machinery. We had a great day at the farm picking apples and can't wait until pumpkin season!

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Remember when we tried to take the kids apple picking but couldn't find any apples? Hee, hee. Can't wait till we can do things together again!

Jenn Jilks said...

What lovely photos! I love fall, too, but don't tell anyone. We have an Ollie-cat, too. Bring on the changing leaves!!!!

Ann said...

Misty, this looks like such a fun day! I wish I were there! I used to love to go over to Palisade and get peaches and pears when your mom lived in GJ. We have 3 little fruit trees and I only got one little half eaten plum this year. I envy the artichokes, strawberries and all the other great stuff you get in the beautiful area. Eat up for me! And must I say, Jay Cutler!!!! #(*&$ !!!

Karen M. said...

How fun, it reminds me of dad and I going to Nauvoo and they had apple orchards to pick in, we found some big ones too. Looks like quite a day, I love the fall.