Friday, July 28, 2006

Is it hot in here, or is it just me?

Along with the rest of the country, we have been experiencing record breaking heat here the last couple of weeks. 80 degrees may not seem hot to you, but for Monterey, it is sweltering (especially when no one here has air conditioning!) Casey has been happy, because for the first time, he was allowed to wear his swimming trunks to the beach. The water was freezing, but he didn't even seem to notice. Daddy even decided to join him in the water (I think they're all crazy).



My idea of fun, on the other hand, is to bury the innocent ones, and try to get seagulls to eat chips off of their heads. I know how to have a good time.



Later in the week, the kids decided it would be a great idea to have a birthday party for their stuffed animal friend....Baby George (these poor kids really need to start school). He turned one-year-old this week. We had oreo pie and busted the pinata. We invited the only other child in the neighborhood to join in the fun. Her parents may not let her come back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya'll look like you're having alot of fun. I need to write you an e-mail! Sorry i have been crappy about keeping in touch!

XOXO,
Elaine

Anonymous said...

I justed checked out your blog...oh how it made Maddy (and me) smile!!

Kyla is just about as tall as you Misty!