Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Glutton For Punishment


Well, I took the kids to their weekly poety and art club again yesterday. I'm not sure why I did; I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. When I returned to hear the poems and see the paintings at the end, Casey whispered to me that he had a special poem, and he couldn't wait for me to hear it. We had spent the week at Carmel beach, Asilomar beach, rock climbing, memorizing scripture, practicing handwriting and math, etc., so I was sure that this week, he was going to share some of his weekly experiences, and make me look good in front of the teachers and other parents. Here's the poem:

"The Couch"
I feel the most comfortable on the couch.
I can watch TV on the couch.
I can sleep on the couch.
I can eat popcorn on the couch,
and I can read on my couch.
by Casey

Well, at least everyone knows he can read, even if it is after naps and popcorn breaks (neither of which he has taken part in on our new couch yet by the way)! Here are some pics of the kids at the poetry club....they may be the last ones you see because I might not take them back, hehe.


No comments: