Tuesday, November 04, 2008

My Mini Politician

I'm always proud of my kids, but I have to say that I have been extra impressed with Casey's quest for knowledge lately. For the past several weeks, he has been very interested in the election coverage and we always spend our morning ride to school in a political discussion....prompted by him. He always has so many questions and wanted to know every detail about what the candidates thought about issues that are important to him. With a dad who is always in danger of going to Iraq at any moment, it's especially important to him for that reason. Casey patiently sat and waited as the electoral votes were counted tonight and jumped for joy when it finally reached 270. More important than who won, he was just proud to be a part of the process. When the message was posted, "Obama Elected President" Casey's exact words were, "we're making history here". I couldn't agree more.

1 comment:

Karen M. said...

Wow that is impressive for a boy to want to know the important things, way to go Casey!