Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankful

Our family has been incredibly blessed this year in many ways, and I am very thankful for these blessings. I am thankful for our new home, a good new job that helps support my family, great children that never cease to amaze me, and a husband that I couldn't imagine going through life without.....oh yeah, and Charlie. :) Unfortunately, we found out recently that Brandon will be deploying to Iraq for a year next March......maybe that's why I'm feeling so sappy! We ask for prayers as we work through this challenge and also prayers for Brandon's safety.
Kyla and Casey have been growing and changing in many ways this past year. They have stepped up to become more active members in decision making and taking care of the house. They are responsible and amazing. I am thankful beyond words for these two wonderful people.

Adding to the list of things I'm thankful for is my extended family. I have two wonderful parents and 3 brothers that I love dearly. My parents in-law are and have always been great friends to me. I am also thankful for the brother-in-law and 2 sisters-in-law that I consider my siblings. I am also blessed to be the aunt of 2 nephews and a niece.....I can't imagine life before they were here! Unfortunately, we don't get to see all of our family each holiday, as we are spread so far out, but we were able to spend some quality time with the Owens side of the family this week during Thanksgiving. Unfortunately I didn't take as many pictures as I should have, but here are few.

Brandon and his dad, Will. Two peas in a pod.

Despite the age gap, the kids always find a way to have fun together. This is Kyla, Casey, and Sophia dressing up.

We had a nice visit from Brandon's cousins, aunt & uncle, and grandma as well. Everyone brought a dog and Casey and Sophia kept charge of them. I think there were 5, but I lost count after 4.

Charlie and Maggie.....new best friends.

3 comments:

Sheryl Ferguson said...

Love the family pic! By the way your blog list makes me look bad . . . it says I haven't updated my blog in 2 months! I'm bad, but not quite that bad.

Karen M. said...

Oh I so love the pics, the kids are truly amazing and I miss them more than words can tell. I miss being there for the holidays. I am so thankful for your extended family also, we love Will and Linda and hope we can plan a time to get together again soon.

Ann said...

I love the pictures too! Its good to see a picture of Kyla "almost" smiling, she's so pretty. I know your mom missed you last week, but hopefully we were a good substitute!