Sunday, April 26, 2009

26.2

Brandon got up bright and early at 3:15 a.m. and I drove him to the Embassy Suites where he caught a bus to the starting line of the Big Sur Marathon. He waited around with the other anxious runners for over an hour in the cold until 6:45 when the race started. The kids and I waited for him at the finish line in Carmel.
Brandon ran 26.2 miles in about 4 hours 45 minutes. This is him coming out of the post-race munchie tent.

I am more proud of Brandon today than I have probably ever been before! He is so strong mentally and physically and I really admire him for this amazing accomplishment.


7 comments:

Sheryl said...

YEAH!!! I am so proud of you! (and a little jealous!)

Brandon, Misty, Kyla and Casey said...

You, me, Brandon.....KC half-marathon.... you in?

Ann said...

Brandon, you ROCK!

Unknown said...

I am resisting posting all the mushy things moms want to say at accomplishments like this. Let's just say that we are very proud!

Karen M. said...

Holy Cowabunga! That is truly an amazing goal realized. I don't think any of us couch potato's have any idea what an awesome accomplishment this is. Hat's off to you, we are so very proud of you!

Carole said...

Way to go Brandon. I'm proud of you...:-)

Bonsignore Family said...

that is wonderful!

hey, misty! i am doing the kc 1/2 marathon in october! my friends are doing the full, but i am a weenie!